Today’s smoothie recipe contains mainly veggies with some fruit for flavor. Hope you enjoy it.
- Some Broccoli
- Some Cauliflower
- One Small Carrot
- One Medium-Sized Tomato
- One Medium-Sized Beetroot
- Half a Medium-Sized Cucumber
- Two Freshly Squeezed Oranges
- Half a Freshly Squeezed Lemon
- Half a Large Green Apple
- One Teaspoon of Spirulina (optional)
- Squeeze the oranges and the lemon and pour the juice into the Blender.
- Wash the all the ingredients.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower and tomato to the blender (already cut into pieces).
- Clean the beetroot and carrot with a peeler. Cut into small pieces.
- Cut the cucumber and apple into small pieces.
- Start the blender. Once the broccoli, cauliflower, tomato and juice are well blended, start adding the small pieces of the other ingredients one by one. Be careful not to overload the blender and jam it. That is why the pieces are cut small and the ingredients are added in slowly.
- If you want, add a teaspoon of Spirulina.
If you don’t add the spirulina, the smoothie will have a nice dark pink color. If you add the spirulina it will be almost black. Either way, it will taste good and will be packed with a lot of vitamins, minerals and much-needed fiber.
This will make about two glasses.
It’s good for pretty much any time of the day. I had this one with my breakfast on Saturday morning that just passed.